Monday, February 24, 2014

Yeah, We've Become Cat People

It's official. We are now cat people. I don't know how it happened, how it slipped past my carefully constructed layered defenses, but there is now a cat living in our house. That's right, felis catus (latin for evil beast-monster) has invaded the Mongoose Den. Every self-respecting dog lover knows that no good can come of having a feline presence establishing a foothold in staunchly canine territory. Before you know it, the darn thing will have a soft fluffy bed laid out on the foot of my bed. It will be expecting friendly scritches behind the ears and under its cute little chin whenever I walk by. I'll hardly be able to pass her soft cuddly form without being distracted by the gentle purring...

Aahhh!!! It's too late! Well, crud. I guess all I can do is accept it and post a picture to join the 50 bazillion other cat pictures on the web. That makes this blog official. Everyone knows, nothing really exists on the web unless there is a picture of a cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment