Wednesday, September 3, 2014

IWSG: Maybe a Schedule Will Help?


OK, so I missed another Insecure Writers Support Group posting last month. Anyone who has followed my blog for more than a few days knows I have a bad habit of leaving long gaps between posts at times. I'm working on it... really. I have a plan to improve things. I'm going to start scheduling times to write. I will include blogging time, short story time, and novel time. These will have to fit in somewhere between Hebrew study time, Torah study for class, Torah study for church, and teaching preparation time for class and church. I think that will help me put more focus and emphasis on each item at the proper time. I'm hoping it will make it easier to avoid procrastination. If should also give me a little more accountability.

Has anyone else improved their writing consistency by making a schedule? Were you able to stick to it? Did you use specific times or just say "write for one hour on Tuesday evening?" I think I'll try both methods and see what works best.

That's it for today. Until next time; which, according to the schedule, will be October 1st. (See, I've got this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment