Tuesday, April 5, 2016

D - Dance, Monkey!

This post is a part of the A to Z Challenge. This year I have decided to go themeless. Each day I will post about whatever topic pops into my head. The result of this spontaneity is anyone's guess. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

Today we're talking about dance. From the Charleston to the Funky Chicken; from the Hokey Pokey to the Hora; from the Electric Slide to Electric Boogaloo, dancing has been a part of every culture since before there was culture. And let's face it, culture might as well be my middle name. Since it's not any other part of my life.

Let's get this out of the way right off the bat. I dance like a white guy. That's why I only dance in church and at country bars. Anyone can line dance without looking like an idiot. And at church, if they're judging my dancing, that's their issue instead of mine.

I actually dance quite a bit at church. I have been a co-leader and choreographer for our congregation for several years. That's about all the dancing I really do. I used to line dance in college, but I haven't done much of that in years.

Any other dancing, I'll leave to the professionals and people with better moves than me. How about you? Do you dance? What kind of dance? Let me know in the comments.

By the way, the best name of a computer controlled character in any game I've played is Dance Monkey. I got to shoot him with a grenade launcher. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment