Thursday, April 28, 2016

X - Strange Origins

This post is a part of the A to Z Challenge. This year I have decided to go themeless. Each day I will post about whatever topic pops into my head. The result of this spontaneity is anyone's guess. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

Three years ago, I chose xenophobia for X. Two years ago, my music theme was derailed by X, so I posted a picture of a Xenomorph just for fun. Well, the theme seems to be working, so this year we're going with xenomorphic.

Xenomorphic refers to something having a strange or unusual form. This is the origin of the Xenomorphs from Alien. Definitely a strange form. Despite the sound of the word, it does not actually refer to aliens. Usually. Anything that is not in the expected form for its function or doesn't fit perceived norms is xenomorphic. Below is an example. See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment