Friday, April 10, 2015

I - I Love This Movie

Welcome to day nine of the A to Z Challenge. If you're here for the first time or if you've forgotten already, this year's theme is movies! I am posting a quote, a character or two, and a brief synopsis of a movie for each letter. You then get to guess the movie in the comments. Answers will be revealed in the following day's post.

Answer to H: Heartbreak Ridge

Today we're doing the letter I. We're going back to the SciFi genre for this one because, let's face it, that's my type of movie. This one should be a little easier than yesterday, so here goes.

Quote
Give me a scotch. I'm starving. - Robert Downey, Jr.

Character
Happy Hogan - A great character brilliantly understated by actor/director Jon Favreau. While not in many scenes, he makes the most of his screen time with just the right comment delivered in just the right way. Favreau was perfectly cast for the role.

Synopsis
The movie that began a dynasty and changed the way superhero movies are made and perceived forever. No silliness, no reliance on gimmicks over story. This movie put the characters and the story up front and gave the special effects a supporting role. That's a demanding task for a superhero movie. Casting was perfect, story was strong, acting was top notch. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Bet a few of you can guess this one pretty quick. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment