Saturday, April 11, 2015

J - Just Because My Daughter Hates This One

Welcome to day ten of the A to Z Challenge. If you're here for the first time or if you've forgotten already, this year's theme is movies! I am posting a quote, a character or two, and a brief synopsis of a movie for each letter. You then get to guess the movie in the comments. Answers will be revealed in the following day's post.

Answer for I: Iron Man

Now we get to J. For today's movie, I picked one guaranteed to upset my older daughter. This is one of the few movies that she actually hates. With a burning passion. I can't really blame her after she got forced to watch it in daycare when she was three years old (without parental consent, I might add.) On to the clues.

Quote
Hold onto your butts! (Incidentally, this is also the first line of my first novel. I swear, it will be published some day. Really.)

Synopsis
Scientifically speaking, it's a ridiculous movie. Plot-wise? It's a ridiculous movie. Special effects and pure enjoyment? Give Spielberg another Oscar. I'm sure there's a small space left on his mantle for it. It spawned a franchise that now spans 22 years. The newest entry comes out later this year. I can't wait.

Character
Dr. Ian Malcolm - Played by Jeff Goldblum, Dr. Malcolm is a mathematician specializing in chaos theory. He continually warns of the dangers ahead and is usually ignored. Unfortunately, he turns out to be more right than wrong throughout the movie. He has some great lines in this movie. One of his best characters.

There you go movie fans. I think this one will be one of the easier ones. I'll work on getting you some more difficult ones in future letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment