Monday, April 22, 2013

S - Sharrie


Sharrie is my wife, my best friend, my partner, and - if I believed in them - my soul mate. But I don't believe in them, so she's not. She is, however, the best thing that has ever happened to me. We met in high school when she was dating my best friend. He made the mistake of introducing us. That worked out much better for me than it did for him. I knew from the start we'd be together forever.

I had prayed that I would meet the girl I was supposed to marry before I graduated high school. I already knew I wanted to marry young. I don't know why, but it was just something that felt right. I met Sharrie less than a month later. And I can tell you, there was one thing that got my attention before anything else. It drew my eye and kept me distracted the whole evening. What was it? That would be her best friend, Amy. Long blonde hair, blue eyes, cute. More importantly, not dating my best friend. I was smitten. I thought. It didn't occur to me until a few days later that I had spent the entire evening talking to the cute little blonde's friend. I had also spent the next few days thinking about her. How did that happen?

Two and a half years later, we were married. It was another year before anyone would believe that she wasn't pregnant when we got married. No one could understand why we would get married that young. Most people didn't believe we'd make it more than a few years. The joke's on them. August will be 22 years. And you know something? I still can't stop thinking about her. I have no idea what ever happened to the little blonde girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment