Saturday, April 2, 2016

B - Big Boat

This post is a part of the A to Z Challenge. This year I have decided to go themeless. Each day I will post about whatever topic pops into my head. The result of this spontaneity is anyone's guess. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

B stands for Big Boat. Why a big boat? Because this year is my 25th wedding anniversary, of course. You didn't get that? Fine, I guess I'll explain.

My wife and I were trying to figure out what we wanted to do for our anniversary this year. I don't know about you, but I think the 25th is a big deal. Before we made any decisions, we got a call from my mother-in-law. My wife's parents decided that they wanted to send us on an Alaskan cruise for our anniversary. This is one of those moments when the answer is a resounding "Uh... yeah!" I've wanted to go to Alaska for a very long time. I've wanted to take an Alaskan cruise ever since my parents, brother, and sister-in-law went on one a couple years ago.

This is the type of room we'll have. That's a balcony outside the double doors.
We'll be staying in a veranda room on the very back of the ship. I'm really looking forward to it. Now comes the hard part. We've got to figure out what shore excursions we want. Whale watching? Bear sighting? Sea otters? Eagles? Zodiac boat across the bay at 50 mph? OK, I think we have a winner. Take a big boat to get on a small boat. Yep. I'm in.

Anyone taken an Alaskan cruise before? Any suggestions for activities? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment