Saturday, April 9, 2016

H - Home Free

This post is a part of the A to Z Challenge. This year I have decided to go themeless. Each day I will post about whatever topic pops into my head. The result of this spontaneity is anyone's guess. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

I've talked about them before, but I'm going to talk about them again. Home Free is a country a cappela band from Minnesota. My wife and I and all four of our children love Home Free. We saw them in concert last year in Oklahoma City and I can honestly say it was one of the best concerts I've ever attended. We are going to see them again in Tulsa in a couple of weeks. We didn't know it when we bought the tickets, but their current tour has become the farewell tour for baritone singer and founder, Chris Rupp. That leaves only one original member, Chris's brother Adam Rupp, the group's beat boxer. The group has already named a replacement to fill the giant void created by Chris's departure. The new baritone will be Adam Chance, formerly of Street Corner Symphony. I'm sad to see Chris leave, but excited to see what Chance brings to the group. Things should be interesting for Home Free and for Chris as he pursues a solo career. Good luck Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment