Monday, April 11, 2016

I - Inconceivable!

This post is a part of the A to Z Challenge. This year I have decided to go themeless. Each day I will post about whatever topic pops into my head. The result of this spontaneity is anyone's guess. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

"Inconceivable!" I'm guessing most people who read this will know exactly what movie that quote is from. By all rights, that movie should be terrible and pathetic. No budget, terrible special effects, a combination of big-name actors playing ridiculous parts and no-name actors playing similarly ridiculous parts. The story line is cliched and severely melodramatic. People in rat suits? A six-fingered man? Andre the Giant acting?! Seriously, this movie has everything it needs to be a complete failure. And yet, I don't know anyone who doesn't rank this movie high in their list of favorites. I don't know how many times I've seen it, and it still hasn't gotten old. I watch it at least once a year. It's imminently quotable and enchantingly ridiculous. Enchantingly ridiculous? "I do not think it means what you think it means."

No one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Westley.

No comments:

Post a Comment