Saturday, April 23, 2016

T - Dwarf King

This post is a part of the A to Z Challenge. This year I have decided to go themeless. Each day I will post about whatever topic pops into my head. The result of this spontaneity is anyone's guess. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

Tim Foust is the bass singer for Home Free. I believe I've mentioned them before. I have to mention them today because we are going to see them in concert tomorrow night. That is both a good and a bad thing. You see, my wife and my older daughter both have a huge crush on Tim. I'm not too concerned about my wife. I also sing bass and am at least as cool as Tim, if not more... Forget it. I can't type that with a straight face. The dude oozes cool. If I were prone to man-crushes, he'd definitely be one. I will admit, I love listening to him sing. He's got an unreal 5 1/2 octave range. (For comparison, Freddy Mercury of Queen had a 4 octave range.) He's a freak of nature. I, on the other hand, have about a 1 1/2 octave range on a good day. And it's all in the lower register. I can drop low enough to hit most of Tim's low notes, but then he keeps dropping into the basement and digging halfway to China. One of these days, he's going to break a seismograph or two. Australian scientists will be trying to figure out why they're getting warnings of an earthquake coming through the core of the planet. Seriously, dude shakes the place.

Click the picture below (really, look at the dude. Cool!) to hear his rendition of Misty Mountains with Peter Hollens. Low? Check! Awesome? Check! Dressed like a freakin' dwarf king ready to beat you senseless with his stare? Check and double check!

Pretty sure no one's gonna notice if I'm at the concert tomorrow night or not.

 Dwarf Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment