Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A - Abney Park and Ace of Base

Welcome to the first post of this year's A to Z Challenge. In case you missed the Theme Reveal, I will be posting about music. Songs or bands that I love, hate, and love to hate (or hate to love). So without further ado, or any ado whatsoever, let's begin the list.

Love
Abney Park - I got introduced to this band when I started doing NaNoWriMo back in 2011. While not my usual style of music, I fell in love with their sound and general weirdness. A former goth band that now sings steampunk inspired music while dressed up as airship pirates? What's not to love? Although I have to admit, some of their songs are a bit creepy. Herr Drosselmeyer's Doll? Definitely a creep factor of 10.5.

Hate
AC/DC - OK, I'll admit that hate is a strong word. And I'll even admit that there are a couple of their songs that don't make me want to dig my eardrums out of my head with a spork. But overall? Could do without them. Wouldn't miss them at all if they disappeared forever. I don't get their popularity. Don't get me wrong. I love their style of music. I like most of their contemporaries. Some of whom may very well end up in the "Love" section of some later letters this month. But AC/DC? I'll pass.

Hate to Love
Ace of Base - Yeah, yeah. I know I lost man points just typing that. But I can't listen to Ace of Base without head-bobbing, toe-tapping, and butt-dancing in my chair. Turn on The Sign and I'm groovin' and movin' and generally embarrassing my wife to no end.

And that concludes our first installment of music I love, hate, and love to hate (or hate to love). Now if you'll excuse me, I think Ace of Base is playing on Spotify!

No comments:

Post a Comment