Saturday, April 19, 2014

Q - Long Live the Queen!

Have you ever sat and tried to think of bands and songs that start with Q? It's not as easy as it sounds. What does that mean for the A to Z Challenge? It means this may be a shorter post than usual. So let's get it over with.

Love
Quiet Riot - That's right. We're going old-school hair metal again. What can I say? I'm a child of the 80s. It's hard to decide which song is my favorite. The hard hitting and spelling challenged Cum on Feel the Noize? Or the driving, screaming, and spelling challenged Mama Weer All Krazee Now? There's also the in-your-face Metal Health. Or just maybe the less popular, but musically superior The Wild and the Young. Ah, who cares. They all rock. Bang your head, my friends!

Runner-up - Queensryche - Overall a better band. Musically far superior to Quiet Riot. And I absolutely LOVE Geoff Tate's voice.

Hate
Que Sera Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be) (Doris Day) - It's an old, old school classic. It's been used in movies, TV, theater, and played hundreds of thousands of times on radio. And I absolutely hate it. I don't know why, it just really grates on my nerves. Sorry Doris.

Hate to Love
Queen - I'm a Queen fan. I like most of their music in every different format they had. It seems like every album was a different style. Sometimes they changed styles multiple times in a single song. How many styles can you find in Bohemian Rhapsody? Why do I hate to love Queen? Simply put, they're weird. And none more than Freddie Mercury. Civilized people would never encourage someone of such clear lunacy. But we do. And I'm glad of it. Who else wants to ride their bicycle?

Now you know what I think. Tell me your thoughts. Would Quiet Riot be as good if they could spell? Do you ever sit in Silent Lucidity? Do Fat Bottomed Girls really make the rockin' world go 'round? I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment