Thursday, April 17, 2014

O - Ode to Flow

Oooooklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain. It would make sense for someone from Oklahoma to include this song on a list of songs I love, hate, and love to hate (or hate to love). However, I'm not known for always making sense. Rogers and Hammerstein, you're out of here. So let's see who did make the list.

Love
Ode to Joy (Beethoven) - The oldest song so far this month, there's a pretty good chance it will retain that crown through to the end. Rivaled only by his Fifth Symphony, Ode to Joy is probably the best known and most requested Beethoven piece of all time. How big is it? It was featured in Die Hard. That's how big. Fifth Symphony, you're gone.

Hate
Open Your Heart (Madonna) - Not that I was ever a big Madonna fan, but this song was definitely the beginning of the end for any credibility she had in my view. It just went downhill from here.

Hate to Love
Orinoco Flow (Sail Away) (Enya) - Just when I've had enough time to regenerate some testosterone after the last loss of man points, I admit once again to being a fan of Enya. What can I say, she can lay down a chill groove with the best of 'em. Sail away my friends, sail away.

Any other Beethoven fans? Fifth or Ninth Symphony? Let me hear your opinion in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment