Monday, April 14, 2014

L - Can You Lick a Limp Bizkit?

I learned that there are a lot of songs and bands that start with L that I like very much. There are very few that I hate. That makes today's entry much more difficult than some. Since there are so many that I love, I am doing subcategories within the category today.

Love
Love the Name
Limp Bizkit - One of the greatest band names of all time. I don't know what it means, but it's a lot of fun to say isn't it? And some of their music is pretty good, too.

Love the Band (Small Catalog)
Lynyrd Skynyrd - By small catalog, I mean a small number of their songs that go in the Love category or that have made them a household name. When you think Lynyrd Skynyrd, you automatically think "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Free Bird". There aren't that many more songs of theirs that are household names. But that's OK, because they make the most of those two.

Love the Band (Large Catalog)
Linkin Park - They manage to make album after album with great songs. Granted, they don't all become household names or megahits like "Sweet Home Alabama", but they've managed to sell out arenas and keep and ever-changing song lineup for years. Not to mention hangin' out with Autobots. That's worth some serious bonus cool points.

Song
Livin' on a Prayer (Bon Jovi) - It doesn't matter if you like 80s music or hair bands. If the statistics are any indication, you probably liked (or still like) this song. It was chosen as the greatest song of the 80s by VH1. It was one of the most played songs of all time on radio.

Hate
Lady Gaga - Must I explain why? Yeah, thought so.

Hate to Love
Lick it Up (KISS) - Why do I hate to love this song? Well, see letter K for a quick answer. The same reasoning applies. But I do love the song. Definitely in their top 10 all time.

Told you this one would be heavy on the love and light on the hate. Maybe tomorrow we can get back to a more balanced list. We'll see. Until then, let me know of any L music I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment