God... - I know what you're thinking. I just picked all songs about God and called it a day. Not quite. These songs are all Christian songs, but the titles all start with God. In no particular order, here is your list.
- God (Rebecca St. James) - In my opinion, still her best song ever. And that's high praise since I really like Rebecca's music.
- God is in Control (DeLaRay) - The only song I've ever heard by him. Hip hop with a positive message. Who'd a thunk it?
- God is Not a Secret (Newsboys) - You can definitely hear the strong Toby Mac influence in this one.
- God's Not Dead (Like a Lion) (Newsboys) - Another great song by a great band. Inspired an entire motion picture.
- God-Shaped Hole (Plumb) - What can I say, I like me some Plumb.
Goin' Back to Cali (LL Cool J) - What was he thinking? How can you follow up "Mama Said Knock You Out!" Where is the attitude? The swagger? The entire LL Cool J-ness of it all? Very disappointing. Sometimes when I'm watching NCIS: Los Angeles, I can't help hearing this song in my head. It makes me want Sam to get hit by a bus. Or G to pimp slap the bejeezus out of him and say "That's for Goin' Back to Cali!"
Love to Hate
George Thorogood and the Destroyers - Bad to the Bone? No, just bad. Terrible. Soul-stealingly dreadful. Here's a hint. If you have to tell people you're bad to the bone, you're not. I don't even know if they ever had any good songs. I couldn't get past this one. In my head, puppies cry every time this song plays. George, please tell the Destroyers to destroy that song. And then bury it. Bury it with a shovel and then bury the shovel.
Alright, you all know the drill. I showed you mine, you show me yours. Music, that is. In the comments. Don't show me anything else. This is a family blog.