Wednesday, April 2, 2014

B - Bolton Back with a Bang?

It's B time! So let's get going with today's music I love, hate, and love to hate (or hate to love).

Love
Bang (Gorky Park) - The first song release in America by Russian rockers Gorky Park. The production quality was second rate, the lyrics have no subtlety, and the music sounded like a Russian Bon Jovi. You gotta love it! If I remember correctly, their album was even produced by Jon Bon Jovi. Russian hair metal? Da, comrade. Da!

Hate
Backstreet Boys - Backstreet's Back? Not if I can help it. Granted, they were very popular and very good at what they do. This isn't anything against the guys in the "band" personally. I'm sure they are all very nice people. But I just can't stand their music. It makes me want to stuff live kittens in my ears to cover up the noise. (Disclaimer of brutal honesty: I may have one of their songs on my iPod. It was a moment of weakness years ago. I promise, it won't happen again.)

Love to Hate
Michael Bolton - Do I personally hate Michael Bolton? Not really. But as a fan of Office Space, it's just mandatory.
Why should I change my name? He's the one who sucks. - Michael Bolton
Two down, twenty-four to go. Will your favorite band, artist, or song show up on the list? Will they be loved or hated? Stay tuned and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment